Investing in ETFs & Index funds
Do not waste time picking individual stocks. Do not lose money with high mutual fund fees. Join the ETF / index fund revolution and win the investing game.
Learn the most important things about investing in ETFs / index funds in the most concise and practical online course for individual investors. Put your investments on autopilot and watch your wealth grow.
- Different ways to participate in stock market as the best wealth generator
- Why ETFs and index funds are the best way to go if you want to be a passive investor
- How to select the best ETFs and index funds and where to get information
- How to build the winning indexing strategy (core and a few, DCF)
- When and how to adjust your ETF / index fund portfolio
All this and much more!
More about our online course – ETF / Index fund Investing
Why should you invest in ETFs and index funds?
ETFs (Exchange-traded funds) and index funds are a popular investment vehicle that offers numerous advantages over traditional stock or mutual fund investments. With an ETF / index fund, you can easily invest in a basket of stocks, bonds, or other securities, giving you instant diversification and reducing your overall risk.
What makes ETFs special is that they contain a basket of securities that track a specific index, such as the S&P 500, offering a low-cost, diversified way to invest in the stock market without having to do extensive research and analysis.
Because they follow a specific index or other basket of securities, they are passively managed, which means there are no high costs or risks associated with management.
There are many ETFs / index funds to choose from, but if you choose the right ones, they offer many benefits, such as:
- Lower costs: Lower expense ratios and management fees.
- Diversification: Instant diversification across multiple assets.
- Transparency: Daily disclosure of holdings.
- Liquidity: Can be bought and sold at any time.
- Passively managed: No need for active management.
Among private investors, ETFs and index funds are becoming more and more popular compared to other options (such as mutual funds, insurance policies with investments…). They are one of the best ways to participate in the stock market.
The main reason for ETF / Index fund popularity – Low fees
The first motive of the financial industry is to make enough money for yourself, only then comes your portfolio. That’s why you have to pay many different fees in traditional investment vehicles.
These fees can include a variety of costs, such as management fees, expense ratios, transaction fees, and administrative fees. Actively managed funds always come with high fees.
An average fee of a mutual fund
An average fee of an ETF / Index fund
It may seem that a difference in management fee of 0.50% and 2.00% does not make much difference. But that’s not true at all. If you were to invest $10,000 per year for 30 years at a 7% annual rate of return, the difference would be $222,284. That’s a lot of money. The fact is, high fees eat up a big chunk of your returns.
In the long run, the difference in fees can add up to thousands or even millions of dollars. Do not let that happen to your investments. Learn how to invest in ETFs and win the investment game.
The second main reason for ETF / Index fund popularity – Diversification
Diversification is an important aspect of successful investing. It helps reduce the overall risk of a portfolio by spreading investments across multiple assets.
If you invest in a single stock or even a single mutual fund, you are putting all your eggs in one basket, leaving your portfolio vulnerable to industry fluctuations and the risk that a single company will perform poorly.
In addition, actively managed mutual funds underperform passive index funds over the long term. According to Morningstar, the average actively managed mutual fund has underperformed the S&P 500 index by about 1.5% per year over the past 10 years.
When you invest in an ETF or index fund, you get instant diversification across a large number of different assets, reducing the risk that your portfolio will be heavily influenced by a single company or industry. In this way, ETFs and index funds provide a simple and efficient way to diversify your investments.
An S&P 500 ETF, for example, includes the 500 largest publicly traded companies in the United States, giving investors exposure to a variety of industries and geographic regions. And the good news is that you can further diversify your portfolio with the “core and a few strategy.”
Two-level diversification for extra portfolio protection
ETF / Index fund diversification
ETFs and index funds per se provide immediate diversification because they typically hold a large number of securities.
Core and a few
By selecting a broad-based ETF / index fund and a few satellite niche ETFs / index funds, you provide additional diversification to your portfolio.
Special chapter: ETF/Index fund investing for Europeans
If you are a citizen of the European Union, you need to be careful when choosing ETFs. ETFs are regulated differently in the EU than in the US. The regulatory framework in the EU is much stricter than in the US. This means that things do not work the same for EU investors as they do for US investors when it comes to ETF investing.
In the EU, the rules for ETFs are set by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) and the UCITS Directive. The UCITS Directive sets strict rules for managing ETFs, including requirements for risk management, transparency and disclosure of information.
This means that if you are living in the EU, you need to know additional criteria from which to choose ETFs / index funds and where to buy them.
In this online course you will learn all that:
- The difference in investing in ETFs / index funds for EU and US citizens
- Selection criteria for choosing UCTIS-accredited ETFs
- Selection criteria for choosing tax-optimized ETFs for EU investors (accumulating)
- Where and how to buy ETFs as a European investor
What will you learn in the course?
In our online course Investing in ETFs and index funds, you will learn everything you need to know about the so-called indexing investment strategy. You’ll gain a comprehensive understanding of how ETFs and index funds work as investment vehicles and why they are one of the best investment options today.
You will also learn how to build your own ETF investment strategy based on the principle of “core and a few” and gain a framework for selecting specific ETFs. This is the only course you need to become a successful ETF / index fund investor and win the investment game.
Here is the full curriculum for our online course on Investing in ETFs / index funds:
Module 1: Introduction to ETFs and index funds
- Different ways of participating in the stock market and their advantages and disadvantages
- What are ETFs and index funds
- History of ETFs and index funds
- Advantages and disadvantages of ETFs and index funds
- Differences between ETFs and index funds
- Types of ETFs and index funds
- The importance of low fees and how they affect your returns
Module 2: Understanding Market Indexes
- The importance of diversification in the capital markets
- What is a market index
- Types of market indexes
- How market indices are constructed
- Understanding index performance and tracking error
- The role of market indices in ETFs and index funds
Module 3: ETF Investment Strategy
- Different investment strategies / indexing investment strategy
- Indexing and “core and a few” investment strategy
- How to build a diversified ETF and index fund portfolio
- When and how to buy ETFs (DCA – Dollar Cost Averaging)
Module 4: Choosing ETFs and Index Funds
- How to evaluate the performance of ETFs and index funds
- Various factors to consider when selecting ETFs and index funds
- Understanding ETF expense ratios and management fees
- What is thematic investing
- How to monitor market trends that affect capital markets
- How to find niche ETFs that fit the market trends you want to address
- How to buy an ETF / index fund in practice
Module 5: Building and managing an ETF and index fund portfolio
- Strategies for building a diversified ETF and index fund portfolio
- How to rebalance your portfolio
- Understanding the tax implications of ETF and index fund investing
- Strategies for managing risk and volatility in an ETF and index fund portfolio
- Strategies for staying up to date on ETF and index fund news and information
- Using ETFs and index funds for retirement and long-term investing
- How long you should invest and when to start withdrawing accumulated assets
Module 6: Advanced ETF and index fund strategies
- How to use ETF options to hedge risk and generate income
- Understanding leveraged and inverse ETFs
Our online course curriculum provides a comprehensive overview of ETF and index fund investing, from the basics of how these investment vehicles work to advanced strategies on how to use them to achieve your financial goals.
Whether you are a beginner or an experienced investor, our curriculum will provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed in the world of ETF and index fund investing.
Do not miss this opportunity to gain valuable insight into the world of ETF and index fund investing. Enroll in this comprehensive online course today and start building a successful ETF and index fund portfolio. Diversify your portfolio and maximize your investment returns today.
What do you get by joining our online course?
When you purchase our online course, you will receive:
- Access to high-quality videos that will teach you about ETF / Index fund investing
- A free eBook on ETF / index fund investing that accompanies the videos
- A bonus video: How to buy an ETF / index fund in practice
- A free workbook to help you put knowledge in practice
- A list of the most popular ETFs / index funds
- A private community of investors, and much more!
The course is practical and to the point. You’ll be able to build your ETF / index fund portfolio in no time.
Who is this course for?
How are our courses different from others?
Our mission is to simplify the way people invest their wealth and enrich the financial education of investors. We provide only high-quality content that makes complex topics easy to understand, a step-by-step approach to learning, and the right mix of theoretical and practical knowledge (watch experienced investor how it’s done).
- Expert Instruction: Your instructor Luka Gubo is a seasoned expert in the capital markets and brings years of practical experience to the course.
- Convenient and Accessible: You can take the course from anywhere and at any time, making it easy to fit into your schedule.
- Affordable: Investing in this course is an affordable way to gain valuable knowledge and skills, without breaking the bank.
The investment you make in the course will pay off in the long run, as you become a savvy bond investor.
Meet your instructor
Luka Gubo is the Founder and CEO of Equito, the all-in-one investing platform. Luka gained vast experience as Capital Markets Director at Cryptix, the founder and advisory board member at Blocktrade.com, quantitative fund manager of FT Quant, and the author of several books and academic research papers, as well as being a public speaker and practitioner of stoic philosophy.
He has wide-ranging experience in trading, investing, and risk management, including investing in bonds. As a high-frequency macro-event-driven trader he has helped a small private fund achieve a Sharpe Ratio of higher than 4. Luka has deep knowledge of the market microstructure as well as a great understanding of global macroeconomic trends and cycles.
More than 100 thousand people have read his articles on investing, more than 10 thousand have watched his lectures online, and several thousand have seen his lectures live. He shares his knowledge willingly whenever he can – either through writing or public speaking.
Luka is known for:
- Explaining complex topics in a simple way
- Creating improved value investing formulas that bring superior results
- Helping thousands of people to successfully enter the world of investing
What are saying people who pre-viewed the course?
I have always looked for ways to put my investments on autopilot. Luka asked me to preview the course In this course I liked the most the advice on how to use “core and a few” and DCA strategies to automate my investments. This will definitely be the course for passive investors. L.P.
I have been investing in mutual funds for over 10 years. After getting the preview of the first few videos of the course, I calculated how much money I would have if I invested in ETFs due to fees. I immediately moved all my investments into ETFs. Can’t wait for the whole course to be published. This will be a game changer. B.C.
As a software developer interested in investing, I knew that investing in index funds and ETFs was the way to go these days. But I do not have time to research hundreds of options, and I had no idea how to go about it. This course will be a great overview how to invest in ETFs. J.C.
- Access to high quality videos that will teach you about ETF / Index fund investing
- A free eBook on ETF / Index fund investing that accompanies the videos
- A bonus video: How to buy an ETF / Index fund in practice
- A free workbook to help you put knowledge in practice
- A list of the most popular ETFs / Index funds
- A private community of investors, and much more!
Frequently asked questions
In this course, you will learn the basics and advanced topics of investing in ETFs (Exchange-Traded Funds) and index funds to maximize your returns and minimize your investment risks. You will learn the benefits of ETFs / index funds, how to choose the right ETFs / index funds for your portfolio, and the latest trends and strategies in the ETF / index fund market.
Yes, this course is suitable for both beginners and experienced investors who want to learn about ETF investing. Whether you already have a basic understanding of investing, or you are just starting out, our course covers everything you need to know to get started.
No, you do not need any prior knowledge of investing. During the course you will build a solid foundation and then go step by step through all the necessary building blocks about investing in ETFs and index funds.
Our course includes videos, an eBook, an interactive workbook, and access to our online community. You also get a special discount on all of our other courses.
It is possible that you can learn from the free materials, but to be honest, it is hard to find quality resources. Making up your own curriculum can be difficult, overwhelming, and sometimes even chaotic. Plus, there are big differences in ETF investing if you are from the EU or the US.
And you can’t get answers to your questions or additional guidance. It would probably cost you dozens of hours just to find reliable sources, and then as many more to put them in context.
Actually, you do not need money to invest. You can start learning, and when you feel confident enough, you can start investing in ETFs / index funds.
However, if you decide to invest in ETFs/index funds, you should invest at least 5,000 EUR as a one-time investment or at least a few hundred euros per month. This minimum amount is recommended in order to optimize transaction fees.
You can pay for the course (pre-order) with a credit card. We are working on adding more options.
You will receive access to the course immediately after the official release of the course. You will receive a link to enter our academy. The platform is based on LearnDash, one of the most popular platforms for online courses.
Yes, you will have access to the course materials after you complete the course. This will allow you to review the material and continue to build your skills.
You can watch the course on almost any device that connects to the internet. You can use your desktop, laptop, a tablet, or a cell phone. To watch the videos on a cell phone, you will need to open a mobile browser and log in to the Equito platform with your credentials.
Yes. You can post a question in the private Discourse Community (forum) and we will provide an answer within a day. Once a month, we also host live sessions FAQ with all students.
Yes, you can get a refund within 30 days of purchase.
Yes, you pay once and receive lifetime access to the course.
Unfortunately, not at this time.
You can email us at any time at email@example.com. We will respond to your request within 1-2 business days.